During the 5 hour group ride on Saturday we got pummeled with snow. Most of the ride was pleasant even though we were pelted in the face at times while heading into the wind throughout the ride; however, the last hour of the ride was absolutely miserable. Maybe my least favorite hour on a bike in recent history. Even running the studded tires they just werent hooking up in the loose snow on top of the ice covered roads. I just couldn't seem to get a cadence going that allowed me to move forward very well. The more effort I exerted, the more I just kept spinning sideways. In addition to the poor conditions, I completely bonked with an hour to go, the gatorade in my water bottle froze shortly into the ride which did me no good, and the frozen granola bar I ate mid-ride did little to re-fuel me. I may still be struggling along Beach Road if Erik hadn't shared half his Cliff Bar with me. Thanks!
Here's the bike at the end of the ride.


Can't wait till the next ride!
No comments:
Post a Comment