Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturday Ride

Temps in the upper 40s and plenty of sunshine was forecasted for today, so I had planned to get out the door by about 9:30 this morning and head out to Novi to meet up with some friends for a group ride around Kensington/Island Lake. But by the time I actually got on the road it was already 1:15 pm so I had already missed the group ride and decided to save that adventure for another day.

I grabbed the cyclocross bike and did this instead. I had planned to take the Clinton River Trail all the way out there and back, but the trail was pretty sloppy so after about 5 miles I had enough and hopped off the trail at Letica Road in Rochester and made my way to Stoney Creek on the roads and bike paths from there. I didn't even attempt the CRT on the way back and instead ended up doing a little exlporing since I wasnt that familair with the area.



Oh, and the sun shined brightly the whole ride and the temps made it up into the low 50s. Needless to say I actually overdressed, but it was worth it :)

No comments: