Fun Sunday ride on the singlespeed today. I left home at 10am and got home a little after 5pm. The weather was 40 and cloudy when I left home but it warmed up to about 50 (or warmer) mid-ride.
I rode solo for most of the ride, but I did meet up with some friends on the return ride from Kensington who were finishing their own ride, so after they finished their ride at Dave's house, a bunch of us went and grabbed lunch in Commerce afterwords. Truth be told I did throw my bike on their bike rack and got a ride for about 1.5 miles from Dave's house to the restaurant but I did ride home from the restaurant.
Talk about a poor mid-ride meal choice, I was starving so I got a burger and fries from Red Robin. Well I dont really eat a lot of burgers and fries, and after that meal and then trying to ride the final 17 miles from Commerce to Royal Oak into the wind the whole way, that was not my favorite part of the day! Then again, it seemed like the wind was against me the entire day, but I still really enjoyed the ride so it was well worth it.
72 miles
4:48 ride time
15.1 mph average speed
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment