Saturday, October 25, 2008

PSSWC


The Poto Singlespeed World Championships event was held on the Potowotami mountain bike trail in the Pinckney State Recreation Area in southeast Michigan which contrary to its title, is not a race.... sort of.

Reportedly more than 50 singlespeeders hit the Poto today for the annual event hosted by Jason Aric Jones and sponsored in part by Aberdeen Bikes, Bells Beer, Hellriders, and the MMBA.

Forecasters called for rain, but fortunately the rain held off and we were left with an overcast 45 degree afternoon. Not bad for mid-October in Michigan. However, the recent rains left wet and muddy conditions throughout most of the 18 mile trail, and the layer of wet leaves made it that much more slick.

The unofficial winner (there were no official results) finished in 1:14. I finished unofficially in just under 1:27. Good for 12th or 13th place.

I hadnt even thought about it before today, but apparently that was my first Poto ride this year. I definately need to ride that trail more.




No comments: