Sunday, October 12, 2008

Massive Fallout Ride


Yesterday was the 2nd Annual Massive Fallout Ride which encompasses four separate trail systems (Stoney Creek, Addison Oaks, Bald Mountain and Bloomer), a couple of roads and the Paint Creek Trail. More than 200 riders took part this year. The trails were well marked, food stations were well supplied, and the mid-October weather was perfect, although at was a bit chilly (approx. 48 degrees) when we rolled to the start at 9:15 am. It did warm up to the mid-70's by early afternoon though.
Riders were able to start anytime between 8 and 10 am although the mass start was to be at 10 am, and Id guess more than 100 riders started at that time. The group I was riding with was about 30-40 strong after we exited Stoney Creek and headed to the Paint Creek Trail towards Bald Mountain, but it dwindled to two (myself and Erik) as we entered Bloomer near the end of the ride. The entire ride ended up being approximately 55 miles, plus the 7 miles to and from the start/finish I ended up with just under 70 miles for the day.
I didnt have my camera and I only got a couple of random pics at the Addison Oaks food station with my phone.




No comments: